Just days after Fayez al-Sarraj pulled out of the ceasefire talks, the UN says the GNA will resume the talks. Earlier this week, the GNA announced it was pulling out of the second round of the 5+5 ceasefire talks being held in Geneva, due to the LNA's most recent and egregious escalation. Haftar-linked forces launched a missile barrage at the port of Tripoli. The LNA said it was targeting ammunition depots and a Turkish shipment of arms intended for the GNA.
A spokesperson for UNSMIL informed that talks would be underway again with the GNA agreeing to return. The first phase of the ceasefire talks did not lead to a clear result, but the UN Envoy to Libya said the talks left him with "more hope". The cease fire talks are taking place in parallel to economic talks, intended to result in a more fair distribution of oil wealth, and political talks, held in Egypt and Tunisia. The next round is schedule for Geneva on February 26.
Haftar, on a recent visit to Moscow, told reporters he would accept a cease fire if the Turkish-Syrian mercenaries left Libya, if Turkey ceased supplying arms to the GNA and all the "terror groups" (militias) in Tripoli were disbanded.